7 Tips to Increase Lean Muscle and Strength, Decrease Fat
1. Use compound movements (exercises that utilize more than one muscle group).
Bench Press not Chest Flies
Squats not Leg Extensions
2. Select exercises that minimize balance/instability to allow for heavy resistance.
Barbell not Dumbbells
Biceps Curl standing not on one leg or unstable surface
3. Pump up the Volume
Perform 10-12 sets of 8-15 reps each muscle group.
Lower reps are more strength based, higher reps are more endurance.
4. To stimulate Growth Hormone release, do not rest for more than 60 seconds, 30 seconds is recommended and be sure to sleep for 8 hours a night.
5. Change exercises every 3-6 weeks to keep the body stimulated, but do not change every time, whereas the body will not adapt as easily.
6 Workout each muscle group hard at least one time a week, ideally one hard workout and one light workout a week.
7. Eat protein every two hours you are awake and especially within 30-40 minutes after a workout.
Here is an example of an example program to burn some fat.
This cool video I found!
Reposted on Saturday September 27 2008 @ 02:32PM CDT